This is one of my favorite recipes. And fortunately, falafel works as a summer or winter food. You can have it with a cooling salad, which is so nice for the crazy summer heat we have here at the moment. But you can also eat it in a warm wrap in winter time.
I’ve tried so many falafel recipes, and which all of them are yummy, this one is by far my favorite. It has such a deep and warm flavor, and the falafel is fluffy and light.
- 2 medium zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 x 14oz / 400g cans)
- 1 large brown onion (or 2 small), roughly chopped
- bunch of parsley
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp hot water
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup garbanzo (aka chickpea/besan) flour
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Add zucchini to the food processor and shred.
- Add chickpeas, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne and lemon juice and process into a chunky paste.
- Move mixture to a bowl and add flax meal, baking powder and chickpea flour.
- Spray a baking tray with olive oil. Spoon mixture onto tray into cookie sized bits.
- Cook for 40 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Use the code ZIV994 at iHerb and save $5 (orders less than $40) or $10 (orders more than $40) off your first order!
This collection includes both of my e-books, with over 90 recipes between them. You'll never be standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make again!
All my must-have gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and plant-based recipes! Save $19 off individual prices!