It’s funny how my recipe timing always works out great. I posted my tofu popcorn chick’n recipe just in time for the Superbowl, unintentionally. And I’ve just realized that I have done it again with this one. Just in time for Easter, even though I didn’t plan it that way!
Have you been racking your brain about what to give loved ones for Easter? Instead of giving them store bought chocolate full of sugar, milk, fats and soy lecithin, why not give them something beautiful, delicious and made with your loving hands?
These truffles also make perfect snacks and dessert. I love having healthy desserts on hand, future me is always thankful that I’ve thought ahead. Instead of reaching for those store bought choc chips, I find the healthy pre-made dessert in my fridge. Thanks past Shae! And if your a total dork like me, take these to the movies to snack on.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and cacao.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, stir to combine.
- These truffle are hard to 'roll' together as they tend to break apart. Instead, take about 1 tablespoon of the batter and squeeze together in your hand, then move it to your other hand and squeeze. Continue squeezing until it forms a ball shape.
- In a small bowl, put a few tablespoons of shredded coconut. Roll each ball in the coconut and place into a container.
- Fridge for 6-12 hours to allow the coconut oil to harden. These taste best when cold and just from the fridge.
Do you take snacks with you to the movies? Please tell me I’m not alone! Leave a comment below.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!