I love this pasta sauce for many reasons. It has no added sugar (or preservatives and colors). It has a ton of veggies packed into it. I can control the flavouring (and add as much garlic as possible – why does nothing ever taste garlicky enough?).
As you probably know by now, I hate processed foods, and love healthifying sauces and condiments (and everything, ever). This recipe makes me so happy because it uses all vegetables + some salt and oil to recreate the taste, color (thanks to the red capsicum) and texture. A win for healthy food!
This sauce is also great because it takes about 10 minutes total time – a few minutes to chop the veggies and throw it in the oven and a few minutes to process it all up in the food processor.
You can use this sauce for pizzas, pasta, lasagna, parmigiana – anything Italian!
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Add tomatoes, onions, capsicum, zucchinis in a baking tray (preferably glass for easy cleaning).
- Wrap garlic bulb in foil and place in the baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt and italian seasoning over the veggies, then drizzle them with oil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cook down for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the veggies (including juices) and basil. Remove garlic from the foil and squeeze the gooey garlic insides out from the skin into the food processor.
- Process until desired consistency. You could blend in a Vitamix if you want a smooth sauce.
This collection includes both of my e-books, with over 90 recipes between them. You'll never be standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make again!
All my must-have gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and plant-based recipes! Save $9 off individual prices!