I hope your a fan of Arrested Development. If your not interested in Arrested Development references, then you might just want to skip to the bottom for the recipe.
I’ve talked about mine and Ash’s love for TV shows before, and Arrested Development is one of our all time favorites (it’s tied with Always Sunny in Philadelphia). We’ve waited a long time for it to return, so its kind of surreal for it to be coming back.
To celebrate the new season of Arrested Development being released on 26th May (this Sunday), I’ve healthified the famous Bluth bananas so you can make them at home. You could serve these up at your viewing party. Unfortunately George Michael won’t be serving them up to you, but you can always be awkward, and make this mini paper banana stand. So it’s kind of the same. Plus, you can be top banana, and pretend to be Mr. Manager of your own banana stand.
A frozen banana that won’t make you sick and kill you. That’s how good these frozen bananas are.
Let’s see some bananas and nuts!
The frozen banana inside tastes like vanilla ice cream, yet theres a smack of banana to it. All wrapped in a hard, dark chocolate shell and crispy peanuts – it’s enough to make your banana stand.
If you don’t want to make your own raw chocolate, just melt about 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Stick skewers or pop sticks in bananas and freeze for at least 12 hours, longer if possible.
- Add chopped peanuts to a shallow, wide bowl.
- If coconut oil is solid, place in a glass bowl into a larger bowl with boiling water in it, stir coconut oil until it melts.
- Whisk coconut oil with maple syrup and cacao powder.
- Dip frozen bananas in chocolate mixture, using a spoon to cover the banana. Sit banana on a clean surface. Repeat with all bananas.
- Dip frozen bananas in chocolate mixture again, let it dry for a few seconds and then dip into the bowl of chopped peanuts. Sit banana on a clean surface. Repeat with all bananas.
These make quite the cost effective dessert – depending on how much bananas are where you live.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!