One of my most popular recipes from the blog is the Tofu Popcorn Chick’n from earlier this year. Since I posted that recipe, I’ve actually stopped eating tofu almost completely. I know its not the healthiest thing I could be eating, so I stopped buying it (the easiest way to stop eating something you know you shouldn’t)!
A few weeks ago Ash came home from the supermarket with two big blocks of tofu begging me to make the popcorn chick’n. So I of course made it, but decided I really needed something else to put that amazingly delicious coating on. I remember making a version of these chickpea chips a long while ago, but never wrote down the recipe. Luckily its pretty much exactly the same as the popcorn chick’n, so no need for me to rack my brain over the recipe!
These are simple to make, and make a perfect snack for taking to the movies or when guests come over. After these came out of the oven, they were gone within the hour.
- Preheat oven to 175° C / 350° F, and prepare a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Slowly add water, stirring to combine until smooth. Add in mustard and stir.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and combine with coating.
- Spread out chickpeas onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until crispy, rotating chickpeas every 10 minutes. The first time you rotate the chickpeas they will be stuck together and the coating looking clumpy. Don't worry this is normal. When rotating, use a fork to scrape the coating off the parchment paper and onto the chickpeas, and separate any clumps of chickpeas you find.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!