However you spell it – tabbouleh, tabouleh or tabbouli – this stuff tastes amazing. I never had the chance to taste ‘real’ version of tabbouleh with bulgur or couscous, so I have no idea if it tastes similar – you’ll have to let me know. But this tabbouleh tastes great in its own right.
It’s getting pretty chilly here in these parts, so the socks, heaters, and tea have all come out. The herbs in this salad give it such a fresh, spring flavor which all of you enjoying spring/summer over the other side of world will love. That fresh flavor really brightens the cold, rainy days we have here, and the warmness of the falafel make a decent choice for winter as well.
Remember my post on quinoa, how to cook it, what makes it so special and my promise of more quinoa recipes? Well this is me delivering on that promise. I’m not sure how many more quinoa recipes I will be posting, as I seem to be having a reaction to eating a lot of quinoa, which I’ll go into detail on in a future post.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (about 1 large bunch of parsley), chopped (about
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped (about ⅓ cup) OR 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup spinach, finely chopped
- In a fine mesh colander, rinse quinoa under water thoroughly using your hands to rub and separate, until the water runs clear (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add rinsed quinoa and water to a small-medium pot over medium heat, put lid on and cook for 15 minutes (including boiling time) until all liquid is gone. One liquid is boiling you can turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and remove pot from heat, and leave undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Let the quinoa cool down while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Chop up all the veggies.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa and veggies. Pour dressing over the top and mix thoroughly.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!