Isn’t this torte gorgeous?!
I am coming to the tail end of creating my ebook, with just a few recipes to go. I’ve been making about 2 recipes a day for this book, so suffice to say I haven’t really had the time or stomach room to make extra recipes for the blog too! But I set aside some time to make sure I made something really special for you, since it’s been a little while since my last recipe here on the blog. I hope you like it
I love the combination of chocolate + orange – it brings back so many memories of sitting at the cinemas eating a bag of Jaffas. I don’t know if they have them in America, but in Australia they are a hugely popular chocolate candy with a soft chocolate center and hard orange shell. Even if you can no longer enjoy those little tasty suckers, the chocolate + orange combination is always a winner!
For the base, I like keeping a little texture and crunch in there unlike some of my other recipes like the raw brownies. I used a combination of walnuts and almonds, most nuts will work here including pecans and hazelnuts.
This torte is deeply rich, but fresh at the same time.
- 1½ cup almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or mixture of, soaked for a few hours
- 6 medjool dates, seeds removed
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- Lightly coat a 8½ inch spring form cake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Boil some hot water. Remove the seeds from the medjool dates (6 for base + 6 for filling = 12) and place in a glass jar. Cover with hot water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor combine the base ingredients, and process until the texture you want (I like it a little rough and crunchy). Press into the cake pan.
- In a high speed blender, combine the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the cake pan over the base and smooth out.
- Place into the fridge or freezer for several hours (overnight is best in the fridge) to set.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!