Isn’t this torte gorgeous?!
I am coming to the tail end of creating my ebook, with just a few recipes to go. I’ve been making about 2 recipes a day for this book, so suffice to say I haven’t really had the time or stomach room to make extra recipes for the blog too! But I set aside some time to make sure I made something really special for you, since it’s been a little while since my last recipe here on the blog. I hope you like it
I love the combination of chocolate + orange – it brings back so many memories of sitting at the cinemas eating a bag of Jaffas. I don’t know if they have them in America, but in Australia they are a hugely popular chocolate candy with a soft chocolate center and hard orange shell. Even if you can no longer enjoy those little tasty suckers, the chocolate + orange combination is always a winner!
For the base, I like keeping a little texture and crunch in there unlike some of my other recipes like the raw brownies. I used a combination of walnuts and almonds, most nuts will work here including pecans and hazelnuts.
This torte is deeply rich, but fresh at the same time.
- 1½ cup almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or mixture of, soaked for a few hours
- 6 medjool dates, seeds removed
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- Lightly coat a 8½ inch spring form cake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Boil some hot water. Remove the seeds from the medjool dates (6 for base + 6 for filling = 12) and place in a glass jar. Cover with hot water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor combine the base ingredients, and process until the texture you want (I like it a little rough and crunchy). Press into the cake pan.
- In a high speed blender, combine the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the cake pan over the base and smooth out.
- Place into the fridge or freezer for several hours (overnight is best in the fridge) to set.
Over 40 Plant-Based Recipes So You Can Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook.