Before I get into to telling you how amazing (and easy!) these veggie fritters are, let me start off with some exciting news.
You all know I’ve been working away on this ebook, Living on the Vedge, for over 6 months now – and it’s FINALLY ready for release! I know you’ve been waiting a while for this to be ready – when I started this ebook, I could barely get out of bed most days. It’s only thanks to my continually improving health that I’ve managed to get this thing finished!
And I’m so so excited because I know you are going to LOVE it!
It will have over 40 gluten-free (and almost all grain-free), dairy-free, egg-free and vegan whole food recipes, with stunning photos for every recipe!
You will be able to get your hands on a copy on Wednesday (7 May) THIS WEEK! I will send you all the details then – so make sure you’re on the mailing list to get early access to the ebook.
Anyway, back to todays recipe.
These chickpea veggie fritters are so bloody easy, and the best part is you can put whatever sliced up veggies you want in there! The curry poiwder adds an Indian flavour, so they go great with any indian cuisine, maybe a tomato chutney and some basmati rice? Or add some different spices for a different flavour twist.
You definitely want to make this when you’re feeling lazy and want a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner! Enjoy!
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo/besan) flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp kala namak (optional)
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 cup water
- ½ zucchini, julienne
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peas
- 500g mixed veggies
- 2 garlic cloves
- Combine the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, kala namak and curry water and mix together. Slowly add the water to create a paste, then a batter.
- Add the sliced veggies and mix together.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- When the pan is hot, drop in about ½ - 1 cup of the batter, cook for about 5 - 8 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook for another 5 - 8 minutes, adding more coconut oil if needed. Repeat for all fritters.
This collection includes both of my e-books, with over 90 recipes between them. You'll never be standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make again!
All my must-have gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and plant-based recipes! Save $19 off individual prices!