Well today I have a little treat for you! You like raw desserts right? I thought so!
First up, full disclosure: I have never actually eaten real blueberry cobbler AND I don’t like fruity desserts. So perhaps I’m not the best person to be coming up with a blueberry cobbler recipe? But you know what? I love this cobbler – so that must mean it’s really good.
As this was getting warm in the dehydrator (you can use the oven or a sunny window), the whole house was filled with that sweet, warming sugar and cinnamon smell, and I just wanted to shove my face into the pie dish!
I haven’t been making a lot of sweets or desserts (or any new recipes much) lately, so I thought it was time I switched up my dessert routine from grabbing a few choc chips from the fridge to something warm and with a little nutritional value!
The best part about keeping this dessert raw is that we get to keep all of those amazing antioxidants in the blueberries and goji berries in tact! I popped this in the dehydrator for a few hours to defrost the blueberries, and it took on a beautiful ‘cooked’ texture.
If you don’t have a dehydrator I would highly recommend one, they are really handy to have – I have some kale chips brewing right now! Here is a link to get free shipping!
- ¼ cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, walnuts or almonds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- In a small food processor add the crust ingredients except medjool dates and process into a rough flour. Add the medjool dates and process to incorporate. Set aside the crust in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup of blueberries, medjool date, lemon juice and coconut oil to the food processor. Process into a smooth syrup, adding water as necessary to blend.
- In a pie dish spread out 2½ cups of the blueberries and the goji berries. Using a fork gently mash some of the blueberries. Pour the syrup over the blueberries and mix.
- Spread the pie crust over the blueberry filling and gently press down using your fingers.
- Set on a sunny counter, the dehydrator or lowest temperature oven for several hours to warm.
Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal!
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook!