It is actually starting to get a bit chilly in my little corner of the world! Cloudy days, fuzzy socks, blankets, working in PJ’s, sitting in front of the heater (and wishing it was a fire) and having my cat sleep on my 24/7 – yep, this is definitely my favourite time of the year! And that’s before we even get to talking about the delicious warming comfort foods that winter brings us.
The cold doesn’t last too long here, so we have to make the most of it. Getting in as much warming comfort foods in the few short months the cold is here is the name of the game. Even though I have oddly enough been craving tropical mango + coconut smoothies for the last few weeks, totally out of season!
Cauliflower is such a great blank canvas to add flavours to. And who doesn’t love a good cheese sauce? Even us dairy-free folks do! This is a great side dish paired with some baked potatoes, or maybe even some tofu.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender, except the cauliflower and including ¼ of the brown onion (set the rest aside).
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan and whisk for about 5 - 8 minutes until thickened.
- Dice the remaining brown onion and add saute in a medium pan in some coconut oil for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the cauliflower into florets and steam for about 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the sauted onion, steamed cauliflower and cheese sauce.
- Add to a baking dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Over 40 Plant-Based Recipes So You Can Stop Worrying About What You Are Going to Make for Your Next Meal
Delicious & exclusive plant-based recipes free of gluten, grains, dairy and all animal products - only available in this eBook.