Yep, I’m still thinking about spring time (and soon to be summer time) BBQ food. This is another really easy and tasty dish to take with you, along with the garlic roasted potato salad I posted a few weeks back. If you don’t tell them its vegan, they will probably be none the wiser.
The local fruit shop has had locally grown cabbage for the last few weeks, so I’ve been buying it up while I can. The problem is, I get home and I really have no plans for it. Our fridge was getting really crowded with cabbages! I got to thinking and came up with this yummy creamy coleslaw.
You can make this even healthier by adding beets and sauerkraut, which I did after taking these photos. Who wants to look at a pink sloppy mess?
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small cabbage, finely sliced
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 beets, peeled and grated (optional)
- 1-2 cups sauerkraut (optional)
- Mix chopped and grated veggies in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly rinse cashews under water.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth (I use a Vitamix).
- Mix dressing with veggies
Use the code ZIV994 at iHerb and get up to $10 off your first order.
Want to see a picture of a sleeping kitty? I thought you would!
She is sleeping in her “hoop”, aka her cat hammock on her giant scratching post. Lucky cat.