I am so addicted to this dip! Which is lucky because I had to make 4-5 batches to get the flavor juuuust right. Two months later, here it is for you.
It has a really strong onion flavor (der?), but its totally worth the onion breath – trust me! I love dips with strong flavors so you can eat raw chopped veggies with it, without being bored to death.
Serve this up to guests at a party and they will never know it’s raw, dairy free and vegan! Serve with raw veggies of choice, here are some of your options: carrots, celery, capsicum or broccolini.
Tomorrow is my birthday so I will be spending the day hanging out in Byron Bay, eating at the awesome vegetarian cafes and hopefully remember to take some pictures to share with you!
- Finely chop half of the brown onion.
- Lay on a baking tray, and place in the oven at 100°C / 210°F with the door slightly ajar for one hour (or longer), until dry. (This step is optional, if your in a pinch, just add it to the dip raw - still tastes great.)
- Combine all other ingredients in a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix).
- Mix in the dried onion by hand.
- Refrigerate for 2+ hours to thicken.