I’m gonna say a few words that I know you’re going to love: Chocolate. Caramel. Pecans. Easy. Quick.
Have I piqued your interest yet? I hope so, because I don’t want you to miss out on these!
They are so fricken easy, and so fricken yummy! Get on ’em…
And you have a few options to make them, depending on what you like and what you’ve got in your cupboard. Tip: making both is a really good option!
So take your pick…
Raw Chocolate Turtle Recipe #1…
- On a small tray or in a container lay some parchment/baking paper.
- Divide the pecans into clusters of 5, and arrange in a star shape so they look like the legs and head of a turtle. Set aside in freezer.
- In a small bowl mix together the almond butter, coconut nectar and coconut oil. Spoon 1 - 2 tsp in the center of each pecan cluster. Set aside in freezer.
- Make the coconut oil chocolate. You want it to be spreadable, but not completely runny, or it will end up everywhere. If you need to place it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Spoon the chocolate over the caramel center so it looks like a shell. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
…or Raw Chocolate Turtle Recipe #2
- Halve the medjool dates lengthways and remove the pits. Press the pecans into the medjool dates, leaving a little bit of the pecan poking out if you want it to look like a 'turtle'. Set aside in the freezer on a tray for 10 or so minutes to get cold, so the chocolate sets on the dates quicker.
- Make the coconut oil chocolate. Dip the top of the medjool dates into the chocolate and place on the tray to set. Repeat with all medjool dates doing multiple coats until all the chocolate is used.