I hope your in the summer part of the world, because I want you to get this in your belly ASAP! If not, you’ll have to cry in your pumpkin pie and save the recipe for in 6 months time.
This salsa is definitely going to be on my Christmas menu, and I’ll probably end up making it for both lunch and dinner!
Anyone else getting excited about Chrissy?! I love spending the whole day with my family – and we don’t have Thanksgiving here so I’m not sick of them yet. In fact I haven’t seen lots of them in months because I’ve been at home doing Gerson therapy, so Chrissy will be fun this year!
I love throwing this salsa on zucchini noodles, it makes a perfect summer pairing! But you can put it on almost anything. It’s amazing on a baked potato, and would be good with seafood and fish if you eat that. Or try it with some corn chips.
I’ve been making this everyday, and let me tell you, eating an organic mango a day ain’t cheap. I’m going to need to find a sponsor to support my $5/day mango addiction.
- juice of 1 lime or ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp flax seed oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- handful of herbs - parsley, chives or basil, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ½ mango, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- Combine the lime juice, flax oil, balsamic vinegar, smashed garlic clove and chopped herbs in a medium bowl and give it a quick whisk with a fork.
- Add the chopped veg and mango to the bowl and combine with the dressing.
- Make your zucchini noodles with a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler.
- Top the noodles with the salsa and enjoy!