I think this is my first official Gerson recipe on the blog! What took me so long?!
I’ve been doing the Gerson therapy for almost 3 months now and I am feeling amazing. Like a different person. I can’t wait to see the changes over the next few months (and hoping that I will be allowed a cheat day to enjoy Christmas!).
This recipe is simple, it tastes amazing, and when you’re eating as many baked potatoes as I am, its Godsend of a potato topper. Sweet, flavourful and absolutely packed with veggies.
I’ve been getting organic red capsicums (red peppers) really cheap at the farmers markets lately – $7/kg, compared to the $20/kg at every other stand. So of course I bought a huge bag of them, and then I have to find creative ways to use them! Enter this relish.
- 1 green apple, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 - 4 red bell peppers / capsicums, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery rib
- 2 tomatoes, diced (peel and seed if you can be bothered)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar
- Grate the green apple first and then set it aside to turn brown - this activates the natural pectin.
- Add all diced veggies, the apple cider vinegar and the grated apple to a saucepan on high until boiling, then turn down to a simmer with the lid on for about 50 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Store in the fridge - will last for about a week.